µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

Which Movie Star or Singer past away upset you very much ?

Which Movie Star or Singer past away upset you very much ?

My Choices: Bruce Lee (Dragon) and Elvis (Cat King)

Do you have any ?

Christopher Reeve  my real superman

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ wwl36 ©ó 27-2-2008 01:46 µoªí Christopher Reeve  my real superman
he is a real hero...

James Dean.

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ ¬B¹ê¤°²ß¯¶¬µ¶° ©ó 27-2-2008 00:58 µoªí My Choices: Bruce Lee (Dragon) and Elvis (Cat King) Do you have any ?

Both Bruce Lee and Elvis were a little before my time.  However, I've grown to enjoy their works and respect their legacy.  I am in the US, so both are often mentioned by mainstream media.  I think that's a little bit different if I am in HK. 

For me....

Christopher Reeve
George Harrison (of the Beatles)
John Ritter (US TV actor)

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ Soundboy ©ó 13-5-2011 02:36 µoªí Both Bruce Lee and Elvis were a little before my time.  However, I've grown to enjoy their works and respect their legacy.  I am in the US, so both are often mentioned by mainstream media. ...

Bruce Lee's screen test in Hollywood on Youtube may interest you (he was then in his 20s). Sadly, he's earned more respect from the Yankees than Hongees.

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ Kendama ©ó 13-5-2011 06:18 µoªí Bruce Lee's screen test in Hollywood on Youtube may interest you (he was then in his 20s). Sadly, he's earned more respect from the Yankees than Hongees.

I've seen some of his Hollywood screen tests.  To be totally honest, Bruce Lee wasn't that good of an actor, but he has a lot of charm and charisma.

I've lived in the US for over 30 years and I've found that Americans appreciate and respect HK movies/stars more than HKers.   

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ Soundboy ©ó 14-5-2011 03:51 µoªí I've seen some of his Hollywood screen tests.  To be totally honest, Bruce Lee wasn't that good of an actor, but he has a lot of charm and charisma.I've lived in the US for over 30 years a ...

Bruce Lee is not that much remembered of his acting skills but his philosophy in martial arts and JKD, of which he is the founder.

He went to Seatles as a student at the age of 18/19. In 6 or 7 years' time, he established his Kungfu school and made it to the Hollywood. What've you noticed about Bruce as a person from the interview footages on Youtube?

People in HK seem to have lost their identity. Conceptually people know HK is a part of China. Emotionally, people do not associate themseleves with the mainlanders and despise the communist regime. People without identity tend to lack self-worth and self-respect. This may partly explain why HK people tend to think Kwai Lo's things are always better, sadly!!! Hong Kong, though losing its competitiveness, is much better in many aspects than elsewhere in the world.

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ Kendama ©ó 14-5-2011 15:51 µoªí Bruce Lee is not that much remembered of his acting skills but his philosophy in martial arts and JKD, of which he is the founder.   He went to Seatles as a student at the age of 18/19. In ...

I'm not into martial arts, but over the years here in the US, I've noticed that Bruce Lee has been constantly named as a source of respect and influence in not only the Asian community, but also the black community.  I don't know how popular is Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) elsewhere, but in the US, it's wildly popular and Bruce Lee is often named as one of the pioneers in the sport.  Having looked a little bit more into Bruce Lee's life, I find that his life and philosophy to be very interesting.  My favorite HK singer, Sam Hui, is clearly influenced by Bruce Lee (they were friends when Bruce was alive, and Bruce's daughter, Sharon Lee, is often the guest at Sam's concerts here in the US).

I agree with you about HKers losing their self identity.  Often it takes living overseas to see what it means to be "Chinese" (I don't mean that as mainlander, but as an ethnic group).  I see many Westerners who study Chinese culture and even know more about Chinese culture than the typical Chinese people I encountered (myself included).  Things that typical Chinese people considered to be "old fashion" or "out" are often highly valued by foreigners.  It seems that modern day Chinese people don't care much about their own heritage or history.

All this talk about Bruce Lee reminded me of the bronze statue erected of him in war-torn Bosnia (??!!)

Bee Gees ¦¨­û¦º²b¤@­Ó

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ ¬B¹ê¤°²ß¯¶¬µ¶° ©ó 21-6-2011 03:40 µoªí Bee Gees ¦¨­û¦º²b¤@­Ó

Barry and Robin Gibb are still alive.  Only Maurice Gibb died.

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ Soundboy ©ó 22-6-2011 01:51 µoªí Barry and Robin Gibb are still alive.  Only Maurice Gibb died.
Thanks for oyur correction.. Brother Soundboy...

µo·s¸ÜÃD