µo·s¸ÜÃD
¥´¦L

Duo and Quad Computers

Duo and Quad Computers

Is Quad really much better than Dup processor computers ?

Theoretically, yes.  In practice, it depends on the OS and the application programming technique. 

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ mrenvy ©ó 21-6-2009 19:06 µoªí Theoretically, yes.  In practice, it depends on the OS and the application programming technique. 
thanks...

Quoted from Wikipedia,

"The amount of performance gained by the use of a multi-core processor is strongly dependent on the software algorithms and implementation. In particular, the possible gains are limited by the fraction of the software that can be "parallelized" to run on multiple cores simultaneously; this effect is described by Amdahl's law. In the best case, so-called embarrassingly parallel problems may realize speedup factors near the number of cores. Many typical applications, however, do not realize such large speedup factors and thus, the parallelization of software is a significant on-going topic of research."

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-core_(computing)

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ mrenvy ©ó 25-6-2009 10:24 µoªí Quoted from Wikipedia,"The amount of performance gained by the use of a multi-core processor is strongly dependent on the software algorithms and implementation. In particular, the possible gains ar ...
Thanks...Brother.

I also think the speed of hard disk is also important.  I think Duo computer with high speed hard disk such as 10000 RPM and 8 GB Ram and 800 MHZ bus compare with QUad computer with only 5400 rpm and 8GB ram amd same 800 mhz bus , which one will preform better ?

¤Þ¥Î:
­ì©«¥Ñ ¬B¹ê¤°²ß¯¶¬µ¶° ©ó 27-6-2009 03:18 µoªí Thanks...Brother. I also think the speed of hard disk is also important.  I think Duo computer with high speed hard disk such as 10000 RPM and 8 GB Ram and 800 MHZ bus compare with QUad compute ...

What are you doing the computer for?  For booting up the OS, a faster hard drive will help for sure.

¦pªG¤j®a³£«Y¦P¼Ë³W¼Ò¦P¶}µo¥N¸¹¬J´N·|«Y...

¦pªG¥Î¤@­Ó­ì¥ÍÂù®Ö¦P¤@­Ó«D­ì¥Í¥|®Ö¥h¤ñ¸û¬J¸Ü´N¥¼¥²...

¥ò¦³¦pªG¥Î¤@­Ó­ì¥ÍÂù®Ö¦P¤@­Ó¥u«Y¼ÒÀÀ¥|®Ö¬J¦h½uµ{¤ñ¬J¸Ü¥|®Ö¬J·|²¤²¤Ä¹¤@­Ó°¨»ó...

¯SÄᤧ®a­«¶}¤F!!!
Åwªï¦U¦ì°ÑÆ[: ¯SÄᤧ®a

Today who will buy Duo computer rather than Quad computer because the price reasons ?

µo·s¸ÜÃD