Board logo

標題: Blue-Ray is winner, HD-DVD lost the war [打印本頁]

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 20-2-2008 03:50     標題: Blue-Ray is winner, HD-DVD lost the war

See please new news...I believe Blue-Ray's price will fell down: -

Dvorak

I am convinced that this whole HD DVD vs. Blu-ray format war debacle was a Microsoft scheme to mess with Sony.

This war is not over by any means. Yes, the HD DVD format is dead, but the problem is that so many people, myself included, were so jacked around by this exercise that Toshiba and Microsoft, in particular, are not going to hear the end it for years and years. After this complete and total fiasco, the original high-def format, Blu-ray, which was in development for an eternity, wins the war. Hooray for Sony and the rest of the team—though they should be soundly booed for letting this debacle happen in the first place.

Smoke and Mirrors

As you will discover by the time you finish reading this, I am convinced that this whole thing was a Microsoft scheme to mess with Sony. There was probably never any real intent to make the HD DVD standard stick, ever.

It seemed real at first, however. In fact, most of us who followed the battle went from one camp to the other and back again for what seems like 5 years of bickering. Both camps had targeted and convincing arguments when you sat down and talked with them.

No matter what anyone says, it was Microsoft who seemed to be the money and the mouth pushing HD DVD. When you sat down with Toshiba's HD DVD folks, Microsoft was always there.

The Debate Ensues: FUD Appears
I thought that the strongest points in HD DVD's favor were some of the features the format had built into the players, including the ability to "skin" content in real time. This would include putting your head on an actor. I was also sold by the idea that old equipment could be used to crank out HD DVDs. Of course, nobody used any of the numerous fancy features of HD DVD, and the compatibility argument was best appreciated by the true counterfeiters who were stamping out movies on ships positioned outside the 12-mile limit in the South China Sea. Still, the arguments sounded good.

The Blu-ray folks—who tended to be from Sony or Panasonic—were always defensive about this war. When you sat down with them, they seemed miffed, actually. It was as if this Johnny-come-lately HD DVD format came into the game late just to screw with them. Sony had been working on Blu-ray for years, and this situation and this interloper was ridiculous to them. It was kind of funny to witness this seething.

The Blu-ray folks never had the best arguments for their format because they never thought they needed them. They did emphasize that Blu-ray would always have more capacity than HD DVD. Also, Blu-ray was more amenable to being used with a computer as the backup device of the future.

This bickering would go back and forth, along with the notion of a combo player, which would require twice the licensing fees and discrete mechanisms. It became apparent early on that the combo player would not fly.—Next: Playing Dirty >

>> brought to you by Business Objects
GET Defrag-A-File 2 - AVAILABLE NOW!

This update to our popular utility defrags faster and more thoroughly to enhance your overall system performance.

New features in this version include:

• A new, more advanced algorithm to ensure more files are defragged and defragged faster

Shell extension interface, so that you can simply right-click on a folder or file in Explorer and quickly defrag the files, or choose to analyze the files to see if they need defragging

• The ability to defrag all files that have a fragmentation level above a certain threshold

• And more!

作者: 阿誠    時間: 20-2-2008 20:16

我前兩日都諗過貼唔貼

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/080216/12/2oyft.html

東芝料將宣告HD制式死亡
(明報) 02月 16日 星期六 09:45PM
日本 放送協會報道,領導HD DVD陣營的東芝擬退出高清DVD市場,
這將令新力的藍光DVD取得全面勝利。

美國 大型零售商沃爾瑪較早時宣布,不再銷售HD DVD的錄影碟,只
會售買藍光制式的影碟。

報道指出,東芝將會暫停研發生產新的HD DVD錄影機型號,並會將撒回產品。
有關損失將多達數以十億日圓 計(即數以百萬美元 ),東芝對有關報道,
暫時沒有評論。

在HD DVD陣營中,除東芝外,尚有微軟、英特爾、環球電影及派拉蒙電影等公司。

作者: 阿誠    時間: 20-2-2008 20:17

這篇是昨日的

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/080219/12/2p413.html
東芝宣布停止HD制式業務 (明報) 02月 19日 星期二 04:30PM

日本 東芝公司宣布,將於下月尾全面停止有關HD DVD制式的業務。

東芝表示,他們已開始減少輸出HD DVD錄播器,並期望在下月尾結束業務。

消費者在高清 影碟的選擇上,少了一個選擇,只可用新力的藍光錄播器,這意味新力奪回一個重要的消費市場。

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 21-2-2008 02:49

引用:
原帖由 阿誠 於 20-2-2008 20:17 發表 這篇是昨日的http://hk.news.yahoo.com/080219/12/2p413.html東芝宣布停止HD制式業務 (明報) 02月 19日 星期二 04:30PM 日本 東芝公司宣布,將於下月尾全面停止有關HD DVD制式的業務。 東芝表示 ...
I am glad I make aa correct choice...

作者: wwl36    時間: 23-2-2008 14:56

小弟正在等E隻碟出

但會唔平  

作者: 綠寶210    時間: 23-2-2008 15:33

XBOX360 咪遲早都玩完?

作者: Ahming    時間: 23-2-2008 21:39

我反而覺得PS3的存在價值成疑
事關賣一部蝕一部

作者: ray375    時間: 24-2-2008 06:43

走得快好世界. 留番 Sony 去燒錢.

作者: ray375    時間: 24-2-2008 06:45

其實只有 Wii 收到真銀. PS3 and Xbox 燒錢.

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 24-2-2008 09:14

引用:
原帖由 ray375 於 24-2-2008 06:45 發表 其實只有 Wii 收到真銀. PS3 and Xbox 燒錢.
You mean Will can connect to Blue Ray ?
作者: ray375    時間: 24-2-2008 11:08

No! Wii don't care Blue Ray. Because Wii got the 'big market' already and making money. PS3 & Xbox 今期只係倍太子讀書. Sony 曾經打算將 PS3 除去 BD 以減低售價, 去鬥 Wii.
其實 Sony 今次'打勝仗'唔係好事. 大家可以睇吓 Digi Camera, PDA, MP3 市場(最近呢十年). 有幾多間廠可以揾錢.

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 24-2-2008 11:38

引用:
原帖由 ray375 於 24-2-2008 11:08 發表 No! Wii don't care Blue Ray. Because Wii got the 'big market' already and making money. PS3 & Xbox 今期只係倍太子讀書. Sony 曾經打算將 PS3 除去 BD 以減低售價, 去鬥 Wii. 其實 Sony 今次'打勝仗'唔係 ...
Do you think Toshiba has a new tech and new product is on the way to the public which is better than HD and Blue -Ray ?
作者: ray375    時間: 24-2-2008 12:39

Toshiba not yet(I think).

今次 BD 可以出頭. 並非 Sony Products好. 其實 Sony 嘅'發明'一般都係生命周期好短. 無乜好結果. 而且絕大部份停留喺'家電'級別. 入唔到 Professional or High End 市場. 例如 Betamax, MiniDisc, Micro MV, UMD etc.

作者: ray375    時間: 24-2-2008 12:56

另外, Sony 成日想獨食全世界. 例如 Mini DV大行其道時出個 MicroMV. 又如果 MD 早啲俾其他牌子出產的話. 就唔會死得咁早 (不過遲啲俾MP3打死). 人玩 PDA 佢又玩. 結果弟一個離場. Memory Stick 好彩有部 PSP. 而家又玩 D-SLR. 請問 Sony 出'單反'算老幾?

早兩年 DC 用嘅CCD 勁壞. Laptop用嘅 Li-Ion電池又着火.

今次 BD有得玩. 主要係同其他'八大品牌'合作.

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 24-2-2008 23:55

引用:
原帖由 ray375 於 24-2-2008 12:56 發表 另外, Sony 成日想獨食全世界. 例如 Mini DV大行其道時出個 MicroMV. 又如果 MD 早啲俾其他牌子出產的話. 就唔會死得咁早 (不過遲啲俾MP3打死). 人玩 PDA 佢又玩. 結果弟一個離場. Memory Stick 好 ...

Which combination is better ?

Plasma + BD

Plasma + HD

LCD + BD

LCD + HD

I prefer following:

Plasma + BD + 7.1 + HD ( I mean Hot Dog ) + Coke + pop-con + lazy boy + 2G

作者: ray375    時間: 25-2-2008 07:15

Plasma 畫面色彩, 反差度, solid black, 速度....一切都比 LCD好. But, 超高耗電量 (500w-800w), 又容易瓜老襯. 另外又會排出大量 CO2. 我一定係 LCD.

PS: I don't like hot dog.  I love Taco Bell.

作者: 聰洛多薩比    時間: 25-2-2008 13:02

雖然lcd同crt既色彩度爭d架喎...

不過我都係會揀lcd...

一來無咁大舊...

二來慳少少電...

作者: 聰洛多薩比    時間: 25-2-2008 13:03

講返轉頭...

hd-dvd輸左可以講係意料中事...

正如當初dvd+同dvd-仲有dvd-ram呢幾隻咁...

結果都係大家combine埋一齊...

原因唔多講...

上網搵下hd-dvd就知道...

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 26-2-2008 07:25

引用:
原帖由 聰洛多薩比 於 25-2-2008 13:03 發表 講返轉頭... hd-dvd輸左可以講係意料中事... 正如當初dvd+同dvd-仲有dvd-ram呢幾隻咁... 結果都係大家combine埋一齊... 原因唔多講... 上網搵下hd-dvd就知道...
which LCD you guys is going to buy:  Sony, Sharp, Samseung, LG ?
作者: 聰洛多薩比    時間: 26-2-2008 21:20

引用:
原帖由 ray375 於 24-2-2008 11:08 發表 No! Wii don't care Blue Ray. Because Wii got the 'big market' already and making money. PS3 & Xbox 今期只係倍太子讀書. Sony 曾經打算將 PS3 除去 BD 以減低售價, 去鬥 Wii. 其實 Sony 今次'打勝仗'唔係 ...

老實講...

如果係從商業角度或者影音市場度講...

sony真係贏得唔合時...

但係如果係以遊戲市場角度諗...

贏得十分之好...

wii同ps3既市場定位真係好唔同...

wii向機能上比ps3差咁多都可以贏...

重點係市場唔同...

wii係大眾市場...

ps3係專業遊戲市場...

假設wii同ps3既市場佔有率都係一樣...

wii都會向數字上贏...

不過wii既市場唔係持續...

所以長遠黎講...ps3都會有機會反超前...

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 27-2-2008 00:22

引用:
原帖由 聰洛多薩比 於 26-2-2008 21:20 發表 老實講... 如果係從商業角度或者影音市場度講... sony真係贏得唔合時...   但係如果係以遊戲市場角度諗... 贏得十分之好...   wii同ps3既市場定位真係好唔同... wii向機能上比ps3差咁多都 ...
but when we talk about Graphic quality, fun to play, easy to fill, i think X-BOX is a nice choice...  because it has a "X"

作者: wwl36    時間: 27-2-2008 01:51

引用:
原帖由 拾實什習窄炸集 於 27-2-2008 00:22 發表 but when we talk about Graphic quality, fun to play, easy to fill, i think X-BOX is a nice choice...  because it has a "X"        

Red Ring of Death

作者: 拾實什習窄炸集    時間: 27-2-2008 05:40

引用:
原帖由 wwl36 於 27-2-2008 01:51 發表   Red Ring of Death
what is that ?

歡迎光臨 經典日本特撮●動畫●卡通回憶 (http://oldcake.net/) Powered by Discuz! 6.0.0